Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Mind Distance

  1. #1
    Inactive Member xjckimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohh, I saw the update comments on the main site. Does that mean we are going to have more Mind Distance chapters, FINALLY?

    I wander if I'm the only one who am eagerly waiting for it... I like those humourous and 'over-enthusiastic VS cold/chagrined' types or stories. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe you aren't the only one eagirly waiting ^.^;; So am I LOL I can't wait till the next one will be up ^_________^

  3. #3
    Inactive Member xjckimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohhh.... good then. I was worrying that if there is no support/audience for it, they would put it off till eternity. Was contemplating if I should go try look for the chinese version so that I can scanslate them myself. I think the long-haired doctor is really adorable. Haha.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm eagerly waiting for more Mind distance too! ^^ it's cute

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ;__; The Mind Distance scanner went *poof* some time ago. I've poked her mailbox a couple dozen times, but no reply. I have someone offering to scan Mind Distance in Japanese, but I don't have any free Japanese translators right now. ^^ I'll put an ad out for some and see if we can finally get Mind Distance updates out again! XD

    Hmm...can't find Mind Distance in the Hong Kong stores either. Ergh...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ohh well that is good ^_^ I can't wait! I just love that Manga lol

    I love a lot of mangas XD

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a shame the scanner disappeared. ;_; Hopefully the manga(or translator) can be found.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member xjckimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, god. I'm trying to learn Japanese in my free time, but I wonder how long it'll take for me to bring it up to the level required to read manga. Sigh.

    I'm going to fill my cross-faculty module slots with as many Japanese studies class at the School of Arts and social sciences as possible once they allow us to sign up for the modules.

    Crisis, hope you find you Japanese translator soon, or that the chinese version scanner drops back out of the sky. Btw, what is the name of the chinese version of MD? I'll see if I can find it over here.......

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    >Oh, god. I'm trying to learn Japanese in my free time, but I wonder how long it'll take for me to bring it up to the level required to read manga. Sigh.

    If it gives you a point of reference, I've been studying for about 5 years now. I only managed to get into official Japanese classes last year, though...

    Official classes really do help, because although they don't teach you much about the vocabulary commonly used in manga (Count Cain was the first place I encountered the Japanese words for concepts like "sadomasochism", "arsenic poisoning," "sex-slave," "hallucinogen," etc etc @_@) they DO force you to study something every day and keep at it!

    I was fine with grammar, I still am further along with grammar than the classes I've taken have gotten to; but I was completely hopeless at kanji, until the classes forced me to start learning 'em... on the other hand, if you speak Chinese already, you'll have a BIG chunk of the difficulty of learning Japanese out of the way because you'll already know most of the kanji and a couple of the several possible Japanese ways of pronouncing and interpreting them.

    Japanese uses both on-yomi (their word for the Chinese reading of a kanji) and kun-yomi (the Japanese-native reading of it) and there are some complicated things saying how to tell which one to use, but for me the rule mostly boils down to "whatever furigana or JWPce tells me it's pronounced like". ^^;;

  10. #10
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In other words, you can learn japense mostly okay but if you wanna translate something bring a chinese with you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •